Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wedding Special: Dare to be different - Alternative Wedding Styles

“From a very young age I became interested in handmade and began creating my own projects that only my colorful imagination could dream up. While other kids were busy at the playground, I lost myself in creating stitch-less pieces of clothing and special fairs for my friends to enjoy. One of my earliest creations was a bottle of perfume. After incorporating several crushed flowers into a bottle of water, it held no scent. However, it was beautiful to look at as the crushed petals floated in their own mesmerizing twirl. Even at such a tender age, I sensed the value of creating something with my own two hands. 

One of my most defining moments came when I failed sewing class in high school. I had a plethora of fanciful dress designs that resided only in my head. I lacked the skills to bring them into fruition. However, it would not be long before I would develop those skills and become a professional corset maker. In the shadows of fashion legends Coco Chanel and Jean-Paul Gaultier, I began to carve out my own little niche to create whimsical clothing designs that are the stuff of fairytales. 

To me, piles of silk fabric and lace trims are worth their weight in gold. The possibilities really are endless once my nimble hands begin fashioning ordinary supplies into something spectacular. There is nothing I love more than finishing a piece of clothing that has taken hours to complete and is simply stunning to behold. I take great pride in those little details that make each one of my designs a veritable work of art.” - La Belle Fairy




No comments:

Post a Comment